Five star rating your own photos
- Published: Saturday, 29 June 2013 00:00
Have you ever been wondering how to use the five stars in your photo catalog? I’ve heard people say: there are only two kinds of pictures: pictures you could show to someone, and pictures you wouldn’t show to anyone. Isn’t choosing between zero and one star enough?
In the end I did find a system that appeals to me that uses all five stars. I got a lot of help from other blogs, but I would not be able to point them out. Here is my system:
- No stars: not yet rated.
- One star: could have some goal in the future.
- Two stars: Supports the story.
- Three stars: Best of the bunch. These are the (holiday) pictures you show to your friends. If they ask questions, you may have a two-star to fall back to.
- Four stars: Worth watching even out of context. This is a good selection to set as screen saver on your Apple TV…
- Five stars: would be part of your portfolio if you would be trying to get an assignment
Are you using the stars differently? Tell me about it