Who am I?
- Published: Saturday, 07 March 2009 07:03
I am a passionate scientist with management experience on both sides of the divide between academic and commercial ventures.
- Dutch, Born in Utrecht (25 June 1967)
- Current Employment: Manager ELIXIR NL at DTL; Technical coordinator of the Dutch ELIXIR node. Part of this is done as an assignment for the Department of Computer Science of the Faculty of Sciences at VU University Amsterdam, in the group of Prof. Jaap Heringa.
- 2009-2013: Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of NBIC BioAssist; managing the academic engineering team like it is done in a company.
- 2001-2009: Manager R&D at Bruker AXS BV, in Delft; running a commercial group run with a long-term, almost academic, focus.
- Scientific background: Crystal and Structural Chemistry (PhD thesis A Computer-Simulation Study of the Correlation between Molecular Conformation and Sweet Taste [ISBN 90-393-0266-9] Utrecht, 1993). Science is my passion, from theoretical mathematics to biology.
- Scientific Publications: I (co)authored 36 publications between 1990 and 2019. These papers together were cited 4900 times (May 2019), resulting in H=20. See also Google Scholar and Publons.
Comments powered by CComment