I am a passionate scientist with management experience on both sides of the divide between academic and commercial ventures.
- Dutch, Born in Utrecht (25 June 1967)
- Current Employment: Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of NBIC BioAssist; managing the academic engineering team like it is done in a company.
- Previous employment: Manager R&D at Bruker AXS BV, in Delft; running a commercial group run with a long-term, almost academic, focus.
- Scientific background: Crystal and Structural Chemistry (PhD thesis A Computer-Simulation Study of the Correlation between Molecular Conformation and Sweet Taste [ISBN 90-393-0266-9] Utrecht, 1993). Science is my passion, from theoretical mathematics to biology.
- Scientific Publications: I (co)authored 32 publications between 1990 and 2011. These papers together were cited 2800 times (March 2013), resulting in H=17. See also Google Scholar and Thomson ResearcherId.